Happy Monday morning! I was tagged by Shelley of Crazy Wonderful to share 20 facts about myself (via instagram, but it was much easier to share here). I had a blast learning more about Shelley, and loving her so much more after reading. Hopefully you will enjoy these random bits about me!
1. I have a small scar on my hand from where I threw a rock as a child (I liked to throw them to break them into pieces); a sharp edge sliced my finger as I threw it. When I see my children throwing rocks, I show them my scar.
2. Raspberry ice cream is my favorite food in the whole wide world, especially from South Mountain Creamery. We love to go there for our milk and eggs, and occasionally get ice cream. It smells like a dairy farm, but when you bite into that heavenly creamy spoonful of ice cream, all other senses (ie smell) fade away.
3. For someone who is super outgoing and gregarious, I truly love silence. When the kids aren’t home, there is no TV on, sometimes music. Typically I’m accompanied by the sounds of the dogs snoring or their toenails clicking on the floor.
4. I love hiking…. another quiet peace. Lately I’ve been taking the dogs on morning hikes, which wears them out, resulting in more snoring and less clicking of their toenails as the soundtrack to my day.
5. I have a mole inside my belly button. INSIDE. I mean who has that, really? This girl.
6. My parents instilled in me the belief that I am capable of anything I want to do. As a child I thought everyone’s parents led them to believe that but now as an adult I realize how lucky I was. I also still believe it’s true.
7. My best friend died when I was 7 and she was almost 8, and we were in second grade– she had leukemia. It’s on my mind lately as Emmy is now in second grade. I’ve told her a little bit about Melissa lately because I want her to know what a true best friend is…. Melissa was smart, brave, strong, kind, and funny. And she loved Madonna and the color purple. I was so young that I don’t have too many memories of her, but I have told Emmy much of what I do know. A couple days after I told her about it she looked at me and said, “Mommy, you know, Melissa is still your friend.” I didn’t realize what she was referring to at first and then she gave me a look that said, “you know” and went on to say, “She’s still your friend and watching over you.”
8. I’m training for my first half-marathon, the Kiawah half marathon. I chose this particular race because my amazing sister in law is able to do it with me, we are making an event of it and celebrating Christmas with Chris’ side of the family, it’s a pretty race, and I’m not going to lie… it’s flat. (It’s in December!). I saw this book the other day…. think it will help? I am definitely planning to wear the shortest shorts I own with a turtleneck. And blue running shoes. (That girl on the right didn’t get the memo).
9. When I was a kid, I would ride my bike up and down Main St. Wilbraham, MA, and hit either the shop in the center of town for Now & Laters or Rice’s Fruit Farm where they made the BEST cider donuts!
10. Pushing logic aside, I let my heart guide most decisions I make in life. And when it’s a decision that affects our entire family, I come up with logical backing as well so I can appeal to Chris’ more pragmatic personality.
11. If you asked me what the happiest time of my life was, I would tell you it was both of my pregnancies. I felt fabulous, was filled with hope, dreams, and love!
12. I do not like to cook. (I love to eat so cooking is a means to an end for me!). I love to bake, but I just don’t enjoy cooking dinner. I always feel like there are so many other things I could be doing with my time… thus, Chris does a lot of the cooking of our family meals!
13. I regularly talk in my sleep. Apparently a couple weeks ago, I kept shouting “I don’t understand!” I’ve also woken up after sad dreams with a tear stained face, but have also laughed very hard in my dreams.
14. My biggest regret is not wearing my retainer.
15. I don’t believe in regrets, but do believe in learning from mistakes. (Fancy that; I’m contradicting myself!)
16. My dream house is an older home (not too picky on style as I love bungalows, farmhouses, and even midcentury homes) on a rocky coast in New England. Chris will never move to New England, so I’ll settle for one out of two.
17. I do not like to be barefoot in my own home…. it reminds me of just how much dirt and dog fur is on our floor.
18. A literature and film course I took in college got me into film noire- Double Indemnity is a favorite.
19. Not many people can beat me at Boggle.
20. I plan to celebrate my 40th birthday with a trip to Paris. I’ve never been to Europe, and have always wanted to go to Paris. I studied French in school and even received the French award when I graduated high school. (Don’t try to speak it to me now though- it’s been 18 years!). Chris has almost 4 years to save up for the event! 😉
And that’s 20! Hope you learned something about me you didn’t already know.
Lastly, I wanted to let you know that today kicks off the Eclectically Fall Home Tours! Head on over to Eclectically Vintage to get started- 5 days, 3 tours each day. Look for mine on Thursday!