I am sure I am not alone in my admiration for this gorgeous faux bois project by Kate aka Centsational Girl. I was in love the first time I saw it…
Sigh- just beautiful!
I am over at he DIY Club today sharing my own spin on these beauties….
I promise that these are SUPER easy! Hop on over to see them! And just click on my DIY Club button on the sidebar to see all my projects over there!
Also, don’t forget about the 12 Days of Christmas Party! Today you can share your glittery, holiday, paint related projects at A Girl and a Glue Gun! Go link up- sparkle and glitter are my favorite at the holidays!
And finally a little Christmas Q & A just for fun! I saw this questionnaire at Meredith’s blog yesterday and thought it looked like fun! If you would like, copy and paste into your own post with your answers. I would love to see them!
1. egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure! I have had egg nog and I don’t much care for it- too rich and creamy. But if I want to get frisky I add some peppermint schnapps to my hot chocolate…. Yum!
2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Of course they are wrapped! Why do you think he has all those elves… they wrap for him!
3. colored lights on tree/house or white? I am definitely a white light gal, but my kids love colored. This year is the first year we bought colored lights for a pine tree in our front yard that looks like a Christmas tree.
4. do you hang mistletoe? No. I never have… maybe one day?
5. when do you put your decorations up? As soon as Thanksgiving is a memory! Meaning the day after!
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmm… our new tradition over the last 4 years is to have a lobster dinner on Christmas eve. It’s delicious!!! But if we are talking desserts… revel bars! or peanut butter balls! or caramel walnut bars! I love the desserts. 🙂
7. favorite holiday memory as a child? I would have to say the year I got a 10 speed bike, because sitting on the bike was Fievel from An American Tale, and I ran towards the bike! My parents thought I was ecstatic about the bike, until I picked up Fievel and gave him a big hug. I didn’t even see the bike at first!
8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? I don’t understand the questions???? The truth about Santa?
9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? We open family gifts on Christmas eve, and the only gifts of Christmas are the stockings and Santa gifts.
10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? I have a white glittery star at the top, aqua shiny beads (sometimes red are added, but not this year), white lights, ornaments my kids have made and that are special to us, and lots of vintage balls added to fill the rest in.
11. snow! love it or dread it? LOVE it! i love being inside my house all cozy with a fresh blanket of snow outside.
12. can you ice skate? I haven’t tried since I was a kid, but I am sure I could… just not very well.
13. do you remember your favorite gift? I think it might be the Fievel from the year mentioned before. 🙂 Or my engagement ring.
14. what’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends, and showing them you love them and appreciate them.
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? Revel bars!
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? We give our kids matching Christmas PJ’s so that they open presents on Christmas morning in their matching PJ’s. Makes the pictures more fun!
17. what tops your tree?A glittery white star.
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I looove giving thoughtful gifts. I get so excited for the recipient to open!
19. candy canes: yuck or yum? Eating it as a candy- no. But crunched up on top of ice cream or Hot chocolate… yes please!
20. favorite christmas show? Rudolph is my all time favorite, but I have to watch Love Actually every year.
21. saddest christmas song? I don’t know of any sad Christmas songs…wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of the season of joy? Christmases When You Were Mine is a sweet and sad song on the Taylor Swift Holiday album.
22. what is your favorite christmas song? Last Christmas- I used to make fun of that song, but now Emmy loves it! We love the Glee version best. Sawyer even loves it, too, though he sings “Last Christmas, you gave me my heart!” Last night in fact we played that just before bedtime and all danced around the kitchen singing it together.
And don’t forget to head over to A Girl & A Glue Gun for today’s “sparkle” holiday link party! I KNOW you all have some sparkle to share!