In the spirit of the month of love, my blog buddy, Bliss, and I came up with a fun blog hop, allowing some of our blog friends’ spouses to have a say! It’s time to hear from the other half! 18 Bloggers, including myself, are allowing our loved ones to tell all!
I twisted Chris’ arm, and was able to eke out some answers…. I, apparently, married a man of little words. Or I am just really not that interesting to talk about. What you can’t see in this photo is me twisting his arm behind his back and coercing him to do this post, and I had just whispered, “Smile, darn it.” MUAH HA HA!
Answers by Chris, italics are anything I want to add to make up for his lack of words.
So I Married A Creative…. Restless Soul. (This was a fill in the blank.)
1. What is your favorite project Cassie has done, and why?
Emmy’s room. It’s so creative and captures my daughters personality perfectly.
Speaking of which, how about a sneak peek of what’s coming tomorrow….
2. What is your least favorite project, and why?
My least favorite project is not really that it is not my favorite but more that I don’t understand it. The guest room has always baffled me. Way too eclectic for my taste and I don’t know how a dream catcher and arrows go together.
You don’t have to understand it.
3. What is the one creative item or tool that Cassie cannot live without?
A tape measure. When she has lost one in the past it as if the world will end.
I need to know measurements when I rearrange the furniture every day, duh.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve about Cassie?
She always asks my opinion when I know she will never use that opinion in the real world or the project and decorating realm.
I just like to make him feel important.
5. If you could take Cassie on a vacation anywhere, where would she want to go?
We were supposed to go in 2000 as his graduation gift to me, but then his job transferred him and he couldn’t take the time off. So I have still never been!
6. Cassie finds $100. What does she do with it?
Goes to auction.
He got one right!
7. What is YOUR favorite room in your house and why?
The living room. It’s where I spend most of my time.
It’s all about function for him! I am not allowed to move the TV or bed…. those are pretty much his only rules when it comes to our home.
8. Creativity is messy, but for the most part blogs show the pretty picture. Can you tell us how Cassie is a secret slob?
The garage is always a mess. Tools everywhere and lots of junk.
Yep. You got me. And I can never find the tools I need because I leave them all over. And I have about 4 bottles of ruined wood glue because I put them down and lose them…. lots of rags and furniture in various states of disarray laying around….
9. Name a project or decorating adventure that you thought would be a flop but was fabulous?
Ye of little faith.
10. Blogging takes a lot of time. Do you ever pass by Cassie while she is on the computer and secretly feel neglected?
Not really. She is always talking about something she is looking at or sharing her new ideas with me, the kids or the dogs.
I know the dogs care. This is a face that truly cares. It says, “Tell me more about your master bathroom dreams.”
11. Before, during, and after photos are an important part of blogging, do you remember to do that while working on projects for Cassie?
I’m not allowed to take pictures. And for good reason.
12. How often do you read Cassie’s blog and do you have a favorite post?
Her posts about our family around holidays/birthdays are always so special to read
Notice how he avoided the “how often” question. That’s because he only reads it when I make it mandatory.
13. Before changing a piece of furniture, hanging new curtains, or planning a whole room redo, does Cassie consult you or do you come home and it’s done?
Both. Usually a text saying what do you think about this and a picture that follows showing me it’s already done.
True… it’s a series of texts. He never replies, but that way he at least has a chance to put his foot down. When he doesn’t reply, it’s fair game to move ahead! Even though he’s probably not replying because he has this thing called a job.
14. Does Cassie discuss her blog with you, stories from other blogs or friendships with other bloggers?
15. Where do you think Cassie gets most of her creative inspiration; tv, magazines, online, you, or was she just born that way?