So many of my blog friends are participating in 25 things with Shaunna. I read Kara’s, Tonya’s and Sarah’s.… And this may be just an exercise in writing and talking about myself and maybe no one will read it. And that is OK by me! But if you want to get up close and personal, then read on, friend, read on!
1. My skin is so dry I had Chris stop at the body shop to buy me body butters. Today I tried the Almond and I could not stop smelling myself because it smelled so good.
2. I finished the Hunger Games series a few weeks ago and have yet to pick up another book. I just can’t yet.
3. I have an iphone, but I don’t like apps. I tend to fight technology until I am ready to come around to it in my own time.
4. When no one else is home I sing along very loudly to my music and imagine that I sound really good.
5. We went to a party at a little gym type place and there was a huge trampoline. The rest of my family was jumping on it so I decided to join them. And I came really close to peeing my pants and had to get off after less than one minute.
6. Ok so really I peed a little and then got off.
7. I believe in honesty above all else.
8. I worry about how on earth we will pay for college.
9. I love American Idol. And now I love watching my kids play it… picture them out in the driveway. Emmy is sitting on her big wheel and Sawyer is standing facing her. She is saying, “Alright, where are you from and what’s your name? How old are you? And what are you going to sing for us today?” And then Sawyer sings some made up song. And Emmy says, “I’m sorry, baby, but you’re just not ready. Come back again next year.” Seriously that was the highlight of my weekend.
10. I believe in the power of the hug. Hugs are the key to happiness.
11. My front tooth was broken years ago when I fell of my bike. It has been repaired several times. It chipped right after we moved here, but it’s not noticeable enough for me to want to go fix it because I dread the dentist. See the chip… (a blog post needs a picture, so here it is!) Not noticeable, so no need to fix it just yet, right?
12. All four of my grandparents are deceased, but I really miss my Grampa and wish he was still here. I would love to see him play with my kids.
13. I get up most mornings and leave the house when it is still dark with Jake for our little mountain walks. It’s hard to get out of bed sometimes, but I love that quiet solitude, and I love the moments where Jake keeps jumping up at me as we are walking to show me how happy he is that we went.
14. My hair is still naturally brown, knock on wood.
15. I am a creature of habit. I eat the same breakfast every morning… a banana before I walk, then when I get home a bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and 2 egg whites and coffee. Every morning.
16. As a child I was obsessed with Debbie Gibson and I wrote her several letters. She never wrote back. It still hurts. 😉
17. I never thought I would get Chris to live out in the country. He really loves me. 🙂
18. I am afraid of diving or jumping in water.
19. I was put here for a reason, but the reason is not yet clear to me.
20. I can’t wait until my kids are old enough to go on hikes with me.
21. I wonder when everyone will start stripping all of my work and refinishing pieces in wood tones again.
22. I really wish I had worn my retainer. Mom, I know you are reading this and I am so sorry.
23. I have a small mole above the left side of my top lip (you can sort of see it in that picture). In middle school another girl asked me if I drew it on. Um, no. I guess that was the age of Cindy Crawford, but seriously, people.
24. I would really love to change the name of “Primitive & Proper” but it’s so old now I am kind of stuck with it!
25. My happiest moment today was this morning at the breakfast table. Sawyer said “Emmy, on your first ay of kindergarten, I am going to walk you to your class. You are really going to love kindergarten- you get to go to recess first!” He is so excited for her and proud of her. And the moment they shared at the table melted my heart.
So there you have it…. 25 things about me! And it was actually hard to think of which makes me realize that number 26 might be I am boring! 🙂
Head over to Shaunna’s if you want to play along!