I don’t usually post on weekends, but today is a special day. This handsome boy turns 10 today….
I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. He is sweet and sensitive in the very best way, thoughtful and giving. I see how kind he is to others and how much he cares about making others feel good about themselves, and it melts me. Happy birthday to my baby boy. (And yes, I am his mom and can call him both young man and baby boy in the matter of seconds!)
Additionally, this girl turns 37 today…
We are out celebrating with our family today but I thought I would share 37 random things about me with you today just to give you a little more insight into the girl behind the blog. I am honestly a pretty open book, so I’m sure you already know a lot about me!
1. If I were on my death bed and had to choose my last meal it would be two scoops of black raspberry ice cream from South Mountain Creamery.
2. I was blonde as a child.
Circa 1982. I was 4, and apparently I loved blue then as much as I love it now. And I remember that red watch… loved it!
3. My father traveled for work a lot when I was very small always brought back gifts. My favorites were a Snoopy sweater that was royal blue and had rainbows and Snoopy all over it, and a small teddy bear with a corduroy nose that had a yellow shirt on that said “Daddy loves you.”
4. As a child we went to Maine every summer to my grandparents cottage. There was an abandoned cottage behind it and I was always so intrigued with it. One year (I think I was maybe 14?) I went inside and found a very old mirror and took it home with me. I suppose my love of finding junk was always there!
5. Last year the DIY network filmed at my house for a show called “I Want That.” I completely forgot to watch my episode.
6. I love to run… I love the community that I have found with other women runners.
7. I hated to run when I was a kid. When we had to run the mile in gym class I could often be found walking, or faking a cramp.
8. I do not like juice or flavored water of any kind. Give me black coffee or water.
9. I love pretty much every fruit. Just don’t juice it on me. (Fruit also makes a nice decoration, as in my dining room makeover post with green apples).
10. In my past retail life, I have managed stores for Abercrombie, Williams-Sonoma, and J.Crew.
11. J. Crew remains a favorite store of mine and their clothing is classic and stands the test of time. I still own and wear boots I bought 13 years ago when I worked there. Too bad I was a size 0 at the time and had to ditch all of the clothing I owned!
12. I am a creature of habit and could eat the same meals every day all the time. For breakfast every morning, it’s a banana, two eggs, and black coffee.
13. I could watch Love, Actually over and over.
14. I have a girl crush on Rachel McAdams. Chris saw her on an airplane once and I asked him if he told her how much I loved her for me. He said she was very down to earth, wearing sweats, and that made me love her even more.
15. I love to read but as of now have no interest in writing a book. (I see so many bloggers writing books and encouraging others to do so, and I am over here like no thanks!)
16. I love when it snows too much for Chris to go to work and we are all stuck at home for the day together. (As long as we have power!)
17. Blues have always been my favorites.
18. I bite my nails. Badly.
19. Fall is my favorite season.
20. When I was in high school I discovered eye brow plucking and WAY over plucked… one of those where you pull one from one side and it looks uneven, so then you back to the other side… and so on until you have done too much damage.
21. I skied when I was younger, but haven’t in about 20 years. Now raynaud’s phenomenon affects my hands and feet so strongly in the winer that I have no desire to do it again.
22. I can’t wait for soup weather. I love soup!
23. I never realized how big of a list 37 would be.
24. As a child I loved the movie, “Gigi”, and I can’t wait until Emmy is a little older to share it with her. “I don’t understand the Parisians!”
25. I would love to color my hair darker but I hate hair maintenance so I don’t.
26. Guilty pleasure- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. It’s one of my absolute favorite running songs.
27. I had a slight obsession with Debbie Gibson when I was in 5th grade. I made up dances to her songs, and my sweet mom suffered through them. I had a black hat just like her Electric Youth hat. But Lost in Your Eyes remains my all time favorite song from her, and I was thrilled to hear it on Sirius satellite radio. My subscription made it all worth the money when that song came on.
28. I used to be addicted to Diet Coke. I cut it out over a year ago, but would allow it if I wanted it in the summer to quench a thirst. This summer is the first summer I have not wanted it at all!
29. I’ve been keeping my houseplants alive lately. That might not seem like much to you, but to me….. epic.
Image from Spring tour, and that palm is thriving on my porch now!
30. I always mean to start a journal. I buy a journal. That’s as far as I get.
31. My windows are so disgustingly dirty, but they are NOT easy to clean and they are old. I am hoping to replace them with easy to clean windows. Then one day my windows will always be clean. For now I am thankful that photos usually blow them out.
32. Since we have moved, Chris has really found a passion for gardening. I love vegetables, so this has been great for our relationship. (I was wearing a strapless dress here… but this image makes me laugh from 2 summers ago).
33. Chris and the kids gave me an aqua Kitchenaid mixer for Mother’s Day and I can’t wait to put it to good use for Christmas baking. Yup… it’s really just around the corner!
34. My parents gave me a miter saw for my birthday this year. I am pretty excited about putting it to use in our master bedroom, and also returning theirs which I have had since doing out cedar planked closet/mudroom.
35. I always dreamed of having 2 kids, a boy and a girl with the boy being older and wished to do that before I was 30. Looks like that was what was planned for me all along.
36. Chris and the kids gave me this hammock for my birthday. I am looking forward to hanging it on the porch and napping when the kids go back to school. 😉 I kid. Sorta.
37. I hope to go to Paris for my 40th birthday, so that gives me something to look forward to!
This post contains one affiliate link.