Happy Monday! It’s time for another Blogging Without Borders Update. As you may recall, I have been working on my kids section of the bathroom, while several other bloggers have been tackling progressive projects in their homes, too.
Two weeks ago, I shared with you some progress on the painting. This week, I want to share with you another item checked off my list.
Here is the list I created back at the beginning of this project:
-replacing the mirror
-painting the walls
-painting the vanity
-replacing hardware(with exception to the faucet)
-MAYBE lighting but doubtful since it scares me (though there is that whole without borders thing i guess)
-painting the trim
– creating a hook rack
– paint the ceiling???? This would be me pushing my limits. I have never painted a ceiling. This would be a nice small one to start with!
The new item I was able to cross off was the hook rack! (Can you tell I am procrastinating with the trim painting…. eew). I really was not sure what I was going to do for it, but we desperately need a place for the kids to hang their wet towels. I thought about creating a fun pallet salvaged hook rack and painting the words “hang loose” in turquoise, and adding hooks I had salvaged from the inside of my gray armoire. I even tried it, but I was not a fan. Just as I was in the process of trying to figure out what to do, I came across this pin and immediately I knew it was “it”. (The original source is Martha Stewart).
I decided to use the orange paint from the ceiling and vanity, and use the salvaged hooks I had, and create a similar wall, without the bench area though as the bathroom is teensy. I had long ago purchased a numbered stencil from Home Depot on clearance and it was the perfect font and scale for the look I wanted.
I began by measuring, and using a level to make sure I placed my stencils correctly and evenly spaced. I used Frog Tape for delicate surfaces I received from Haven so I could be sure that no paint would be removed from the wall. Then I began my stenciling. (Pardon the crappy phone picture, and the wall is white, not pink!!!)
I gave it a few coats, and then removed the stencil from the wall.
Once the paint was try, I touched up a couple spots, and then measured and used my level for my hooks as well. I used the screws they already had as they had the proper patina, but I added anchors to the wall so that the hooks would be secure. Here is my after! Don’t look at the ugly unpainted trim. Just look at the pretty numbers and hooks…. ooooh aaah.
And now with their cute little towels hanging in a row….
This project was super easy! And now Chris will be happy the kids towels aren’t hanging over his in our area anymore. 🙂
Hop on over and check out the progress the other ladies have made!