There will be 18 different blogs participating over 6 weeks and 6 events from June 9th- July 21st. Each week 3 blogs will share a simple tutorial that you can copy or will get you thinking about that event’s theme. At the end of the week they will host a 3 blog linky party for you to link up your finished event projects. And of course there will be features, giveaways, and fun Olympic stuff!
The Opening Ceremony begins Thursday, June 7th and runs until Friday, June 8th at midnight. Come link up your blog if you are planning on joining in an event for the “Bloggy Olympics”. Our Olympic event schedule is: decorating (Event 1), kitchen (Event 2), paint (Event 3), crafts (Event 4), fabric (Event 5), and outdoors (Event 6). Join 1 event or plan on joining all!
See you at the Olympics!
I am so excited to be participating with so many fabulous blogs in the Bloggy Olympics! And a special thanks to Janel at Hating Martha for putting it all together (and for thinking I am worthy of these Olympic games!) Also check out her blog today for a special giveaway from Kijsa just for the blog Olympics!
So, before I delve into my Olympic bio, let me tell you a little about the Bloggy Olympics.
I receiving this torch from Freaking Craft…
As a participant, I am sharing with you my Olympic profile, minus of course my weight, because you guys don’t need to see that. I don’t need to see that. And here is my Olympic profile picture…. this is as good as it gets when still in my walking clothes, unshowered, and using a tripod and timer, so just accept it. And be glad this photo is not scratch and sniff. I am sure my neighbors were wondering what the heck I was doing making all sorts of goofy self portraits with a paint brush.
Birthdate: August 9,
Birthplace: Springfield, MA
Hometown: Wilbraham, MA
Residence: Myersville, MD
Height: 5’6 1/2″
Teammate: Gwen and Katie. It’s on like Donkey Kong.
• How do you think people will remember you? Mad Painting Skillz, and I hope they say I was a really nice and true person, too.
• What do you do in your spare time that isn’t blogging? Paint furniture, Thrift, Decorate, Play with my kids, Spend time outside, Take walks, Drink wine, Eat, Sleep, Snore, Talk in my sleep.
• What are you really bad at that you would love to be good at? Turning down a really good deal.
• What are the main lessons you’ve learned in life? It’s too short- enjoy every little moment, and let the people you love know they are loved.
• What is your greatest challenge in this event? Well, weather can sometimes determine what paint projects can happen! So if it rains, that will be a challenge.
• What tips do you give to a beginner starting out in this event? Invest in a good quality brush and good paint- those two things can help even the most amateur. And don’t put too much paint on your brush.
And now I am passing the torch on to .Here’s to Handy Andy….