Seven years ago today, you entered our lives, and made our family complete. You are a beautiful girl, full of love, creativity, passion, and charm. You have brought and continue to bring so much joy to all who know you, and I am proud to be your mother.
Today, on your seventh birthday, the world is your oyster. Dream a dream, and look inside to see you have the power to make it come true. While you are blowing out your candles and making a wish, I also have some wishes of my own for you.
1. I wish that you continue through life shedding kindness on all around you. Spread it around and watch it catch fire.
2. I wish that you and I will always be close, although I know we will have our spats. You can always lean on me when you feel the need. I will do my best not to judge your choices, but respect your individuality.
3. I wish for you to reach for the stars, as high as you can, and know that it’s not about where you land. It’s about the journey you took to get there.
4. I wish for you to surround yourself with positive people who will never make you feel small. And I wish for you to be one who shows others how wonderful they are and how much they have to offer.
5. I wish that every time you look in the mirror you what I see in you…. Look into those baby blues and see a beautiful soul, a thoughtful mind, and the tenderest of hearts. And I hope you never lose sight of you who are.
6. I wish that you always take the time to do the things you love- read, sing, dance, paint, draw, write and do it all fearlessly and boldly. Continue to nurture your soul, and nurture the souls of others, too.
7. I wish that when you are grown and older, that you will have children of our own so that you may, too, feel a love as strong as I feel for you and your brother.
While you are out there growing up and reaching for those stars, never forget that you were first and always will be my baby girl. I love you.