Happy POWW! As most of you know, Emmy’s room has been pretty much done for a couple months now. However, I had been looking for a vintage bookcase and it had to fit certain size specs and I wanted something with vintage appeal. Finally, last week, I stumbled upon the perfect piece with a $5 price tag.
It was pretty dirty so after cleaning off the ick, and sanding it lightly, I mixed up some DIY chalk paint with Sherwin Williams Watery (which I had left from my first ombre dresser), plaster of paris, and warm water. I chose this color because when I asked Emmy what color she wanted, she replied “Aqua! Aqua! Aqua!” Yes, there is no doubt that she belongs to me. 🙂 I gave it two coats of the paint, and then distressed it lightly by hand. I waxed it and buffed it and here it is…
And in case you wonder if Emmy was happy, she gave it a little hug….
And here it is in her room! Not staged beautifully, but she has lots of books.
Isn’t that funny? Our girls have the same bookcase! Ok, I am sure it is not that funny, but just work with me here.
Anyhow, let’s see what you’ve got! PLEASE REMEMBER THIS PARTY IS FURNITURE ONLY!! I hate deleting crafts, so don’t make me do it.
1. Your post must be a completed original project and must be a furniture redo or build.
2. Your post must be new to my parties- do not link something you have shared on this blog before.
3. You must be a follower to party here.
4. You must place my button or a text link in your post or sidebar.
5. Leave others some comment love!