I owe some friends some thank yous!
First of all, a couple weeks ago, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Sarah at Life on Walnut St.
This award states that you must list 7 things about yourself and pass it on. I won’t be passing it on, because I can’t narrow down the 500 blogs I love. Sorry! But here are 7 things you may not know about me…
1. My absolute favorite college class was “Women & Literature”. We read Virginia Woolf, Toni Morrison, Sylvia Plath and many other wonderful female writers. The books were amazing, but I loved for those discussions, and delving into those poems and stories and books.
2. Sticking with the literature theme here, one of my favorite all-time books is “Walden” by Henry David Thoreau. It’s non-fiction, and full of wonderful ideas. Some are a little eccentric, but Thoreau had an appreciation of nature and Earth and was “green” before that was even a concept.
3. I bite my nails and the skin around them. It’s a disgusting habit, but I do it when I am bored.
4. I shave my big toe. Sorry to all the men (all two of you) out there reading this. But isn’t it better than having a harry toe?
5. My dream house would be located on the rocky coast of Maine.
6. My mom makes a billion kinds of Christmas cookies every year. My absolute favorite is the Chocolate Revel bars. I try not to eat them because I know what is in them, but man are they good. I will share the recipe as we get closer to Christmas. And then I will beg for your forgiveness.
7. Every boy I dated had light eyes and dark hair. I think subconsciously I wanted my kids to have brown hair and blue eyes like me. Chris has brown hair and blue eyes, and wouldn’t you know our kids do, too. 🙂
OK, onto some more thank yous!
A couple weeks ago, I received a package in the mail from my friend Carmel at Our Fifth House. You may know her from her awesome style and house, of which this is my favorite ever glimpse….
Anyhow, in the box, there was this adorable coffee mug…
Oh, wait…. WHOOOOO’s in there????
Isn’t that the cutest! It makes me smile! Thank you SOOO much, Carmel!
Then last week Amy from A Perfect Tin paid me a visit. She creates the most awesome frames and mirrors out of ceiling tile and consigns them with me. Here is an example…
Anyhow, she brought me a very sweet gift of “Redneck wine glasses” that she made using glass candlesticks and ball jars, and of course a bottle of wine. Please note that she brought them last week, so I only have pictures of the glasses to show you…. 😉
And now here are a couple of sneak peeks!
The first Sneakity Peekity is going to be revealed tomorrow at 7 AM. It might be my favorite project to date.
And this second Sneakity Peekity won’t be revealed until March. I have promised Anapolis Home magazine first rights to a couple of furniture pieces. So I am redoing a couple of pieces for my home, and as soon as the magazine article is published, you will get to see them here. For now, here is a little glimpse….
Come back tomorrow for my favoritest project ever! It’s so good I am even shaving my big toes to get ready for the big reveal.