Happy Tuesday, all! First of all, I want to thank you all so much for the outpouring of prayers and donations for our neighbors. At this point in time all material items needed like clothing, etc, has been taken care of…. so much so that some has even been re-donated, which I think is an amazing thing! So now, we are just focusing on getting the family funds and gift cards, which several of you have emailed me about. For that I am so grateful. Anyhow, I just wanted to offer you all that quick update as well as a big virtual hug from me to show you how much I appreciate you.
Secondly, I have a dresser makeover to share with you today. I picked up this dresser this past weekend in West Virginia. A couple weeks ago I went to this house to purchase a new dresser for my own room, which yes, I know, I still have yet to share. Oops. Anyhow, the owner also had a couple other vintage dressers to sell so I made an offer and we settled on a price. I made plans to go back to get them but then I was stuck home with my hooky-playing daughter! I rescheduled to this past weekend, but then it snowed. I don’t like driving in the snow, even though I grew up in New England. My car just doesn’t handle it that well. I batted my eyes and asked Chris if he would go, and he did. 🙂
Yesterday was SO cold, but I decided to give one of them a sanding (just on the body, not the drawers) and haul it inside to the kitchen to paint it. This is the one I went to work on….
Isn’t it cute? I loved the hardware and loved the details on the side as well as the sweet curvy apron. The top was a little rough, but I loved the graining on the drawers, so I decided to keep them as is, and give it a two-toned look. I had just received my latest chalk paint shipment from Stylish Patina, and decided to go with Duck Egg blue, which is a favorite color of mine, but I had not used it in a LOOOOOONG time. Lately I had chosen Provence over Duck Egg and forgot just how much I loved it!
I painted the body and the paint went on beautifully, only needing one coat. Now, since I was in my kitchen, clearly I didn’t want to distress and get dust everywhere, so I used a warm, damp rag, to slightly distress the edges and wipe paint here and there. Then I used a clear wax to finish it. I put the drawers back in and that was that! Here it is now. Oh, and I didn’t notice until I started taking pictures that one of the top pulls is upside down, but I kept it as such. It’s odd and quirky, like me.
Check out the fleur de lis hardware and those pretty details on the side.
And here you can really see that upside down pull. 🙂
And the pretty apron…
This was one of the easiest makeovers, but sometimes less is more. I love how it turned out!