Before I go into my dresser makeover, I have some news about the etsy shop I planned to open to benefit Juliet. It is going to be delayed a bit as I have been swamped with orders and items are selling faster than I can paint them. But, I did just sell the teal dresser to a woman who contributed a large additional sum to Juliet’s care, so if I continue to be overwhelmed by the generosity of my clients, I will have plenty to send to Juliet. I am so sorry, but I need to keep up with my online store and custom orders. I am currently donating 10 percent of the sales of new items listed, so I am still helping. And if you saw something in my etsy preview that you would like to purchase, I will be happy to figure out shipping for you, and the money would still go to Juliet. In addition to that, a friend of mine is hosting an open house on Saturday March 5th here in Severna Park where I will be selling some items, she will be showcasing her handmade aprons, and her mom will be selling artwork (it is AMAZING) and handmade jewelry. If you live locally, and would like to swing by, let me know!
Now onto the dresser….
I picked up this dresser last week for free, and loved its shape, lines, and ROOMY drawers. It had beautiful veneers, but they were chipped, so painting was the best way to go. I patched the chipped areas, and have it a good sanding. I also removed the hardware, which was not original, and filled those holes. Once it was sanded and ready to go, I primed it and painted it with a soft mustardy yellow mistint. It was such a large and vast dresser, that it needed something. I added one big fat gray stripe down the middle, and gave it some delicate drop pulls, to let the stripe take center stage, well off center stage I guess. Here it is now!
Also, don’t forget that tomorrow is THE LAST DAY to enter the DIY Club’s monthly party! New rules make it easier for you to enter your project! You have nothing to lose, and TONS to win!